Sunday 11 May 2014



hi guys time for another fab challenge at
theme
Alter a Tin or Alter it
I have used images from the amazing Ditzi Digi Designs on Etsy




Isn't she cute
I measured the tin and printed a background in a deep blue pattern paper to look like the deep ocean,
Next I printed the ocean scene to fit, I printed it 4 times coloured cut and decoupaged it
Then did the same with the mermaid, its all coloured with spectrum noir markers then decoupaged with Deco Mache which also seals it so its waterproof next I made some shells and a starfish with silk clay while they dried I added pearls around the top and bottom of the tin, next I made a fishing nets using some net (obviously lol) and some tiny beads as the gloats along the edge , I then stick this to the one side edge of the tin adding some fish buttons and scooping it up into shape.


Once the shells had dried I coloured them with spectrum noir markers and then mixed some mica powder to the Deco Mache and painted them and the mermaids tail and fins to give them a nice shimmer, once these had dried I stick them to the tin and a few more fish then completed it by giving the whole thing a generous coat of Deco Mache to seal it all so its nice and waterproof and will sit nicely in the bathroom to hold razors



I hope you like it and come play along with the challenge , pop over and see all the wonderful DT inspiration on the challenge blog.

Hugs x




facebook group

2 comments:

  1. A brilliantly altered tin Kay, I love all the elements you've used x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed that a tin could become this amazing work of art Kay, and the image is fantastic.
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete